Monday, January 28, 2013

Thistle down from Royal Albert


That year I was in Spain, twice I saw thistle down passed me by and being a child within, twice I chased after it and tried to catch it with my hand, twice I tried without success. I wonder where they are now. Have they settled on some land and turned into plants?





To me, thistle down signifies freedom and courage. The freedom to dance with the wind. The courage to trust and fly wherever the wind blows.




Today I find the thistle on the cup made by Royal Albert.



Look at the handle! Is that a feather of angel's wings accidentally landed on the cup? Or, is that the wing of Cupid?



Here is the thistle down on top of the handle.

Drinking tea from it, I am the child I once was again, believing in angels and Santa Claus. A child who lives moment by moment and not be burdened by life.




Drinking tea from it, I remember the days I spent in parks, watching children play with balloons as if they will take them away from reality to a far away land.

It is said that every one of us has a child within. We just dont know when that child stops coming out to play as free as he/she used to be. Is it because we grown ups have to live up to the world's expectations and stop playing like a child? Well, once in a while, it doesnt hurt to play and behave like a child, to believe in the goodness of the world and to have faith that angels are around us all the time even though we might not be able to touch or to see them.




Uh, yes. One night when I was conversing with my Spanish friends in the rented apartment. One of my friends shouted "Look! A thistle down! Pick it up and make a wish with it then blow it out of the window!"  Filled with excitement and doing a little bit of the silly victory dance, I picked it up and blew it out of the window while making my wish.

When did this thistle down land on my apartment? I had no idea. All I know is that if we are light as a feather even though after some failures of dreams and not give up chasing after them, who knows, angels might come to you with your dreams at your door!


8 comments:

  1. Hello Felicity!
    What a lovely post! Your Thistle tea cup by Royal Albert is so very pretty! The coloring is perfect, pink and white, as well as those beautiful colored thistles! The shape is fab as well, and I adore that style handle.
    It is a romantic cup. A cup of dreams...I had no idea to wish on thistledown!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, a little Royal Albert eye candy makes my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Royal Albert makes lovely feminine teacups, don't they? It looks like an angel feather to me on the handle.
    Since a child, I have also taken the fluffy seedheads from thistles and other wild plants to help them blow on the wind and thrive. We make wishes on them too and it's always a surprise to have one blow right up to you and then send them on their way.
    I"m a new follower.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi: Did you know that the bible says we have angels watching over us? I love your post today. Your cup is beautiful, with angel wings. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun post! I've not heard of a thistle down before. Your cup is lovely and I think those are angel's wings on the handle!
    Have a wonderful week!
    sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post! I try to let my inner child out to play every day .. no wonder I'm tired! Ha! Your Royal Albert cup is gorgeous. I love the color and the delicate decoration. Lovely. And the thistle/angel wings on the cup handle -- perfect! Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Felicity,
    For some reason I wasn't aware of this lovely post of yours when you published it. But now that I came here, I must tell you I loved your text with your sweet memories!
    And your Royal Albert tea cup, with the thistle decoration, the wavy gilded edge and the elegant handle is a real beauty!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post and you are so right, thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete